Privacy Statement Regarding Customer and Online User Information
Dell U.S. Privacy Statement
|Your privacy is important to us, and our commitment on core privacy values of transparency, control, respect and trust.|
This Privacy Statement explains how Dell Technologies, Inc. (“Dell”, “we” or “our”) and our affiliated companies (unless they have published their own privacy statement), collect, process, use, protect and share your personal information as well as your privacy rights under certain privacy laws.
Overview of Our Privacy PracticeWe have highlighted key details about our privacy practices in the table below:
We collect your personal information directly from you through your interactions, use, and experiences with our websites, products and services. We also obtain your information indirectly from our Business Partners and other third-party sources.
|We use your personal information for purposes such as:|
You can exercise your privacy rights under applicable privacy laws (such as the California Consumer Privacy Act) concerning your personal information by emailing [email protected] or visiting our Data Subject Request (“DSR”) web portal if you have a registered Dell MyAccount.
California residents can learn more about the categories of personal information we collect about you, and how we share it with our Business Partners here. Please note that we do not “sell” your personal information to any Business Partners as defined under applicable privacy laws. For example, the California Consumer Protection Act.
You can make choices about how Dell reaches you with marketing offers or utilizes interest based advertising, as well as customizing your general communication preferences.
For other privacy questions, issues, concerns or complaints, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
Dell Technologies Inc.
Attention: Dell’s Privacy Office
One Dell Way, RR1-61
Round Rock, Texas 78682, USA
Changes To This Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. If there are material changes to the Privacy Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of this statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to learn how Dell is protecting your personal information.
Information We Collect About YouThe types of information we collect about you depends on your use of our products, services and the ways you interact with us. This may include information about:
- How you use or visit our websites, accounts with Dell or applications.
- How you use our services and products and interact with us.
- Contact, billing and other information you provide.
- Improving and developing our products and services.
- Personalizing and recommending our products and services.
- Advertising and marketing to you, including sending promotional communications, targeting advertising and presenting you with relevant offers.
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the information we collected about you.
- Communication services, including email providers and social networks, when you give permission to access your information on such third-party services or networks.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded products or services, or engage in joint-marketing activities.
- Publicly available sources such as open government databases.
- Contact details such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone numbers.
- Employment information such as your job title and other business or company information.
- Credentials such as your passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and MyAccount access.
- Demographic information such as your age, gender, country, interests and preferences.
- Web form information you provide in our web forms (forms you choose to complete will indicate whether the data requested is mandatory or voluntary).
- Payment information to process payments, such as a credit card number and associated security code.
- Account history information related to products or services you purchase and activities associated with your account.
- Cookie and tracking information such as IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL), other unique identifiers and technical data that may uniquely identify your device, system or browser.
- Browser history information about the websites you visit.
- Error reports and performance information of the products and any problems you experience, including error reports.
- Troubleshooting and help information when you contact Dell to make a purchase or for technical support or customer support services, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives which may be monitored and recorded.
- Content consumption information about media content (e.g. T.V., apps and games) you access through our products.
- Feedback and rating information you provide to us such as customer survey feedback and product reviews you write.
- COVID-19 health and vaccination status and thermal temperature readings (as permitted by applicable law or in compliance with applicable public health directives).
- Workspace location information.
How We Use And Share Your InformationWe use and share your information to:
- Create, deliver and maintain our products and services.
- Establish and maintain your account.
- Measure credit and payment risk.
- Provide account related services and information.
- Help you with customer service and technical support issues or questions.
- Help us improve and personalize our products and services.
- Provide you with marketing and promotional communications and deliver targeted and relevant advertising and relevant offers to you, which includes making better predictions about content and marketing offers that may interest you.
- Authenticate your identity.
- Detect and prevent fraud.
- Manage and protect our networks, services and customers.
- Meet our legal obligations and conduct research.
- Promote the overall health and safety of the workplace, including to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections at Dell premises.
- Book desk reservations at Dell premises.
COVID-19 Health Survey Tools, Thermal Vision Camera and COVID Self-ReportingIn order to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections and keep our communities safe, all Dell employees, contingent workers, and visitors may be asked to complete a COVID-19 health and vaccine survey, attest to their COVID-19 vaccine immunization status and/or COVID-19 negative test results, and/or pass a thermal body temperature screening in order to gain access to Dell premises. The thermal vision camera measures your body temperature on an anonymous basis and Dell does not retain your body temperature. If your body temperature is equal to or above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be denied entry and/or asked to leave Dell premises.
The COVID-19 health and vaccine survey collects your name, email address, Dell badge number, work location, COVID-19 vaccination status and limited health data you voluntarily provide. The COVID Self-Report voluntary reporting tool collects your name, email address, Dell badge number, work location, phone number and limited health data you voluntarily provide. Subject to local laws, we will collect proof of your COVID-19:
(a) Vaccine immunization status certificate issued by the local government authority, including digital certificates issued by the local government authority (e.g., COVID-19 digital certificate), or
(b) Negative COVID-19 screening test result including:
- your first and last name
- specimen collection and negative test result dates
- the entity issuing the COVID-19 negative test result
Your Consumer Privacy RightsYou may have the following consumer privacy rights under applicable state laws:
- Right to Know: you may have the right to request information about the personal information we have collected about you and for what purpose.
- Right to Access: you may have the right to request information about how we process your personal information and to obtain a copy of that personal information.
- Right to Portability: you may have the right to receive your personal information, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Right to Deletion: you may have the right to request the deletion of your personal information that we have collected from you.
- Right to Be Free from Discrimination: Dell will not discriminate against you for exercising your consumer privacy rights.
Submitting Access Or Deletion RequestsIf you would like to access a copy of, or request deletion of the personal information we may maintain about you, or to exercise any other privacy right as set out above, you may do so by:
- Sending a written request via email to [email protected];
- Visiting our Data Subject Request (“DSR”) web portal if you have a registered Dell MyAccount; or
- Writing to us at:
Your Marketing ChoicesYou have choices about how we reach you with marketing offers and about other uses of your information. To update your preferences, you can:
- Click “unsubscribe” in any email marketing communications we send you.
- Go to your MyAccount or visit our Preference Management Center to select your marketing communication choices.
- Go to our List Removal Page to be removed from receiving marketing-related communications.
How We Secure Your InformationWe use appropriate technical, organizational, and physical data security safeguards to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of your personal information, such as:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information, such as credit card details.
- Designing our data security safeguards to ensure the ongoing security, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services.
- Limiting physical access to our premises.
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you.
- Ensuring that our Business Partners have appropriate safeguards in place to help protect your personal information.
- As required by law, destroying or de-identifying personal information.
Collection And Use Of Children's InformationWe understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using our products, services or our websites. Children under the age of 13 or equivalent minimum age under applicable law, must not share their personal information unless their parent or guardian provides verifiable consent. If at any time a parent or guardian needs to access or delete data associated with their child’s or guardian’s account, they may contact us through one of the options provided in this Privacy Statement.
Links To Third-Party Websites And ServicesWe may sometimes provide links directing you to websites operated by third parties. Those websites may also collect your personal information, subject to the third party’s information practices as outlined in their privacy statements. Dell does not operate these websites and is not responsible for their information practices. We encourage you to review privacy statements on any third party website before providing any personal information.
Contact UsIf you would like to exercise your privacy rights or have a privacy question, concern or complaint, please contact us at [email protected] or write to us at:
Effective Date: April 5, 2021.